Wheatgrass, a rich dietary supplement available in multiple forms has the history that dates back to almost 5000 years. Initially discovered by Egyptians, it has been part of the Mesopotamian traditions, recognized for its health benefits. It was only in the year 1930s, Wheatgrass was introduced to the western world and it’s all thanks to the experiments by Charles F. Schnabel. Today, it is regarded as one of the most dependable food supplements rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E & K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium. As claimed by Schnabel, 15 pounds of Wheatgrass is equivalent in its nutritional value when compared with 350 pounds of regular garden grown vegetables. It is now available in powder, tablet and liquid forms for the ready consumption as a food supplement across the world.
Amazing Health Benefits of Wheatgrass –
- Being rich in chlorophyll, vitamins and minerals, Wheatgrass can help in neutralizing the body toxins if consumed regularly.
- It is also effective in improving the count of RBCs – Red Blood Cells that have a significant role in hemoglobin supply.
- By regulating the circulatory pathway, it plays an important role in regulating the blood pressure. Overall, it lowers the levels of blood pressure.
- Because Wheatgrass regulates or controls the alkaline levels of blood, it is credited for the treatment of peptic ulcers and diarrhea. Typically, it increases the alkaline levels of the blood that helps in controlling conditions like colitis.
- The juice of Wheatgrass is also used as a detoxification Liver and blood functions can be easily stabilized and regulated by regularly consuming this juice.
- It is also found to be effective in preventing the cancerous effects due to the constant exposure to carcinogens and various pollutants. This helps in preventing cancer and protecting the body from undesirable and toxic elements.
- By fighting against the bacterial activity and other infections, Wheatgrass prevents any possible decay in teeth and gums, subsequently improving the oral health and hygiene. Similar mechanism of action is applicable in fighting various skin infections.
The role of Wheatgrass juice is also evident in delaying the whitening of hair, treating kidney stones, improving eyesight and providing relief from insomnia. It is also a very effective solution for treating ailments such as asthma and conditions like constipation.
Many of the rich attributes and medicinal values of Wheatgrass have been hidden from the public glare for many years, they are now being revealed by the modern day research. Its rich value in terms of nutrients and disease fighting properties can be potentially explored for better health and lifestyle.
CONTACT : email@example.com