Roses are the smiles of God’s goodness. Rose is the flower of love, fragrance and beauty. Indeed nothing can beat this perfect gift on a valentine’s day. Roses have impressed people of all age groups over ages. Though it has amazing medicinal value, it is often prized for its aesthetic value.
Rose Gulkand is nothing but rose petal jam. This sweet preserve is prepared mainly of rose petals. It is a medicinal formulation which has been used for centuries. Petals from Rose centifolia are commonly used for the preparation of Gulkand. This plant is the member of Rosaceae family. Consumption of gulkand on a regular basis is found to be beneficial. Traditionally, it is used as a cooling tonic, fighting for fatigue, lethargy, hyperactivity, dysmenorrhoea, fluid retention and heat-related conditions. It is also beneficial for good memory and blood purifier.
Consumption of rose gulkand helps to reduce of pitta and heat in the body, reduction in eye inflammation and redness, strengthening of the teeth and gums and helpful in the treatment of acidity. Rose Gulkand is a powerful antioxidant and act as a good rejuvenator. Due to its calming effect on the nervous system, it helps to reduce stress.
A study showed that gulkand is effective in reducing mouth ulcers. Due to the cooling property of Gulkand, it is found to be beneficial in alleviating all heat related problems including tiredness, lethargy, itching, aches and pains. It is effective in reduction of burning sensations in the soles and palms.
Rose Gulkand is also rich in calcium and antioxidant properties. Hence it is used as a cooling tonic for generations.
How Gulkand is prepared?
Rose petals and sugar are placed in layers in a wide-mouthed airtight glass jar. The jar is exposed to sunlight for 6 hours per day for around 3 to 4 weeks. On alternate days, the contents of the jar are stirred with a wooden stick. When the process is complete, the gulkand is kept indoors in a tightly sealed container.
Other ingredients, Praval Pishti, cardamom seeds, or Muktapishti (powdered pearl) are added to increase the “cooling” properties of the gulkand.
- Rose Gulkand is a powerful antioxidant and a very good rejuvenator.
- • Consuming 1 – 2 teaspoons of Rose gulkand helps to reduce acidity .
- • Rose Gulkand helps to treat mouth ulcers, strengthens teeth and gums.
- • Rose Gulkand can be used to treat dysmenorrhoea and is effective in relieving menstrual pain.
- Rose Gulkand helps to remove toxins from the body and purifies blood. Thus, it helps in giving a clear complexion and prevents the occurrence of various skin problems such as acne, boils, whiteheads etc.
- Rose Gulkand helps to reduce excessive perspiration and foul body odour.
- Having two teaspoons of Rose gulkand before venturing outdoors can help prevent sunstroke and may reduce nostril-bleeding.
- Rose gulkand is good for all those individuals who have water retention problem, as it helps in increasing urine output.
- Rose gulkand has a calming effect on the nervous system, thus helps in reducing stress.
- Rose Gulkand is incredibly delicious, mouth-watering body coolant. It is an ideal alternative to regular jams as it is credited with many health benefits.
- Rose Gulkand can be stored for years, if kept in cool and dry place.
- Rose Gulkand milk shake:1 glass of milk+2 tsp of gulkand+2 almonds+sugar (if required) +a pinch of cardomom powder+kesar.
Gulkand can be used daily and is an excellent summer tonic.
1tsp-2tsp with milk in the morning.
Note: People with Diabetes shouldn’t use this
ROSE GULKAND enriched with pravala pisthi IS AVAILABLE IN ALL 57 AyurCentral stores. CALL US NOW 080 – 2356 2056
#AyurCentral # Ayurveda #MultiBrandAyurveda # Ayurvedic Doctor # Ayurvedic pharmacy # Ayurvedic stores # Digestive #Ayurveda for Hyperacidity #Gulkand #Ayurvedic coolant # Summer tonic #Mouth ulcer treatment # burning sensations in the soles and palms
Dr. Brahmananda Nayak, Medical Director, Ayurcentral