By Dr. Usha
Roses are too good to be left only for birthdays and valentine’s Day. Of my over obsession with roses, I stumbled across the gem of wisdom that has been kept under the wraps for a long long time.
I use rose water in my tea, splash it on my face and sprinkle the bed sheets for a delicious finale to my day. If you want everything coming up roses, it’s hard to resist its honeyed perfume.
Here are 6 awesome ways you too can enjoy the splendor of rose water
- Rosewater smells exactly like fresh petals. Sprinkle it over to feel a fresh, hydrated fragrance.
- Rosewater is a toner, makeup setter, and very good make-up remover. I add a tablespoon of rosewater to one cup of distilled water for a softening toner.
- I use it as a hair rinse (2 tsp per 1 cup of water). It conditions my hair and leaves a very delicate scent in my locks.
- It is a gem in body treatments. I mix rosewater and my regular body cream, add it to my scrubs and pour a few drops into the bath water. A rose-scented bath at the end of a long day is the best antidote to stress.
- I add 3 Tablespoons of rosewater for 1/2 cup of water and pour it into a spray bottle. Before getting into bed, lightly mist the sheets with scented water.
- Rose water also makes it to most of my recipes giving an alluring smell and flavor to my dishes.
While purchasing rose water, you must make sure you buy only 100% pure rose water i.e. the distilled water of roses sans the chemicals.
After much research and trial, I vouch for Brihatri Rose Water which I easily procure from my nearest AyurCentral store. They procure it from Kannauj, UP, the fragrance capital of India. The natural index of their rose water is 99% which is the highest I could find.
Check out your nearest AyurCentral stores